About Me

My photo
Washington, DC, United States
I'm Shandi. I hope you like it here. I don't say much with words...but instead I speak to you with music, images, and by showing you everything i love in art and fashion. if you follow me, i will follow back and we can feed off of eachother. i love comments and feedback. thank you for coming. please stay.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Artist: Trevor Southey

Trevor Southey was born in Rhodesia, Africa (now Zimbabwe) in 1940. His African heritage can be traced to European colonists who settled in Cape Town, South Africa in the 17th century. In 1965, he emigrated to the United States, retaining an abiding sense of his African and British origins. He now resides in the bay area.

...he's also my uncle and although he may not be aware of it, I look up to him in many ways.  His work is included in numerous private collections in the United States and throughout the world, ranging from that of actress Brook Shields to Senator and Mrs.Orrin Hatch. His work is also included in a wide variety of institutional and corporate collections.

You can see his portfolio of work on his website www.trevorsouthey.com.

Here are my faves:

Sleep and Sleep

Lifting

Jonny - this one is hanging in my dining room!

English Oak

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails