About Me

My photo
Washington, DC, United States
I'm Shandi. I hope you like it here. I don't say much with words...but instead I speak to you with music, images, and by showing you everything i love in art and fashion. if you follow me, i will follow back and we can feed off of eachother. i love comments and feedback. thank you for coming. please stay.

Sunday, November 01, 2009

6 Tips for Finding Fashion at a Thrift Store

1. First look for the colors that you look best in.  Go down the racks looking for color first.  You don't even have to pull an article of clothing off the rack until you discover a color that you are attracted to.

2. Next, check out the design lines of the garment. Do you prefer animated designs, stylized designs, or more angles and points in your designs? Look at the collars, pockets, hemlines, and necklines. If the design lines are not right for you, put it back.

3. Fabrication is the next item to consider in a garment. Do you like soft flowing, plush, comfy fabrics? Or do you prefer more structured, fitted garments? The sure way to know if the garment you are considering is right for you, try it on? How does it feel? Does it feel good on your body, only get it if you can say YES!

4. Now look at the pattern – if it has a pattern. Maybe you prefer less pattern or no pattern at all. Is it a pattern that you are attracted to? Is it too busy or too simple? Many women do not even like pattern and prefer solid colors in their clothes. If the pattern is right for you, move on to the next step!

5. If the article of clothing has made it this far, your next step is to look it over for quality. Are there any tears, rips, spots, or flaws? I find many new garments with their price tags and brand tags still hanging on the garment – bonus find!

6. Your last step is a simple question to ask yourself – “do you love it.” I no longer settle for clothes I don’t love and feel good in. I have to be able to say “I love it!” It doesn’t matter what you are paying for it, don’t talk yourself into an article of clothing you can’t say you love even if it is a great thrift store price. If you don’t love it , it will hang in your closet just to gather dust.

...i'm sorry but I can't find the source for this, but I didn't write it so i'm sorry to the person who did...i'm a newbie...i won't do it again...:(

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails