About Me

My photo
Washington, DC, United States
I'm Shandi. I hope you like it here. I don't say much with words...but instead I speak to you with music, images, and by showing you everything i love in art and fashion. if you follow me, i will follow back and we can feed off of eachother. i love comments and feedback. thank you for coming. please stay.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Fashion-able?


"In a world where the mainstream concept of what is and isn't beautiful becomes increasingly narrow – you have to be young, you have to be thin, you should preferably be blonde and, of course, pale skinned – some of fashion's most influential talents have come together to challenge these preconceptions. All the subjects in these pictures are physically disabled. They were cast in the normal way: would-be applicants were asked to send in their pictures. The response was overwhelming which gave everyone involved the confidence to proceed. "


(Editorial taken from the McQueen tribute here)

Concept Alexander McQueen
Photography Nick Knight
Styling Katy England

Dazed and Confused Magazine, Issue 46, September 1998

{Long Live McQueen}

|

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails