About Me

My photo
Washington, DC, United States
I'm Shandi. I hope you like it here. I don't say much with words...but instead I speak to you with music, images, and by showing you everything i love in art and fashion. if you follow me, i will follow back and we can feed off of eachother. i love comments and feedback. thank you for coming. please stay.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Things I Love Thursday

(via)

{Things I Love}

Spring beginnings: Its warming up, the sun is out, days are longer, and trees are starting to bloom.  I'm inspired to clean up...not only in my house, but also in my life.
Nobody know's spring cleaning like Martha and she's provided us a handy checklist.
Get to work! 

Here is what I am going to do in order to clean up my emotional house:

1. Clear the cobwebs - I have some relationships that have polluted my life for a long time.  Once cherished friends, they're now just stagnant/negative/mean/selfish/immature/irritating.  They just collect dust.  I'm letting them go...no more chances, I love them but our relationships are over.  It only hurts for a minute.

2. Air it all out - I want to tear down my walls and become more open.  I am a bit of a people pleaser so in times where opinions are strong, I usually take a step back, shut my mouth, and hand the wheel to the people making noise.  I always get left behind.  I should be heard, my ideas respected, my expectations met.  For now on, I will speak my mind, be honest with myself and others, follow my dreams, and be true to who I am and who I want to be.  I will not only change how others view me, but I also want to work on how I view the world.  Look on the bright side, time heals, get it together.

3. Organize - Budget, clean, be on time, show up.  I don't want to be a flakey friend, an absent mom, or an air head.  I will take a long and hard look at my life and re-prioritize, set new goals, edit, and clean up.

Disturbia: I am so attracted to the taboo, especially if something is dark, twisted and beautiful.  This is still one of my all time favorite videos by one of my all time favorite artists.


Lipstick: I never thought I could wear lipstick because I have huge lips and always thought that any color I wore overwhelmed my face.  I tried wearing only mascara and a light bronzer since they say to tone down the rest of your makeup if you're wearing color on your lips and I still felt like a clown.  Believe it or not, all I had to do was use lip liner!  Yea, I know.  So now I have been doing a lot of experimenting with lipstick and I love it!

(via)


Beth Ditto: Some people say she's unhealthy...Oh, fuck off!  More than anything - I love Beth because of her bravery, her balls, and her talent.  If I had her confidence...oh the things I would do.  She's so cute.


“If you’re out there, gay boys, tell that fat girl following you around, laughing at all your jokes that you think she’s beautiful! Tell her she’s fat and ­beautiful, and she’ll think sweet about you well into her 20’s…eternal.”

- Gossip’s Beth Ditto -

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails