About Me

My photo
Washington, DC, United States
I'm Shandi. I hope you like it here. I don't say much with words...but instead I speak to you with music, images, and by showing you everything i love in art and fashion. if you follow me, i will follow back and we can feed off of eachother. i love comments and feedback. thank you for coming. please stay.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The 20 Best Album Covers of 2009!

Hello.  :) 

I just wanted to share with a you an uber sweet list I found on Gigwise - Top 20 Album Covers of 2009.  

The closer we get to the new year, I will probably be sharing many top-something or other of 2009 lists.

Before mp3 players came around, I definately had a bit of a hobby of collecting album covers.  I was already very much into music and buying CD's with every extra penny I made.  I was an organized child so all of my CD's were filed alphabetically and by genre in a nice and tidy CD binder.  I wouldn't throw away the CD covers though, I would tape them to my wall to show them off.  Before long, friends and family would give me their covers and it grew into quite the collection.  I was very proud. 

I don't do that anymore, and I don't even remember to look at the album covers that come with downloaded albums.  The cover scrolling thing ipod does really irritates me.  It's nice to know the art is still alive...so here goes.  Enjoy.


20. Mastatdon - Crack The Skye

19. Dinosaur - Farm

18. The Mars Volta - Octahedron
  
17. RX Bandits - Mandala

16.Yo La Tengo - Popular Songs

15. Weezer - Raditude

14. Wilco - Wilco (the album)

13. Atlas Sound - Logos

12. Morrissey - Years of Refusal

11. Dan Deacon - Bromst

10. The Big Pink - A Brief History of Love

9. Molina and Johnson - Molina and Johnson

8 The Flaming Lips - Embyronic

7. Fuck Buttons - Tarot Sport

6. Neko Case - Middle Cyclone

5. Fanfarlo - Reservoir

4. Animal Collective - Marreweather Post Pavilion

3. Biffy Clyro - Only Revolutions -awesome band btw!

2. Manic Street Preachers - Journal For Plaque Lovers

And drumroll please......



1. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Its Blitz

Tadaaa - there it is...Gigwises Top 20 Album Covers of 2009!  Woot woot!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails