About Me

My photo
Washington, DC, United States
I'm Shandi. I hope you like it here. I don't say much with words...but instead I speak to you with music, images, and by showing you everything i love in art and fashion. if you follow me, i will follow back and we can feed off of eachother. i love comments and feedback. thank you for coming. please stay.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tuneful Tuesday: My 2009 soundtrack.




Being late has become the norm for me in the past few weeks and I'm terribly sorry.  I promise to be more reliable in the future.


This Tuneful Tuesday, I wanted to share with you, my kinda sorta soundtrack for 2009.  These are all songs that made an impact in my life in some way over the past year.


I am one of those nerds who thanks musicians on their facebook pages for songs that "changed" my life, which is like, every other song.  You'de be surprised at how many of them actually write back.  I met my last boyfriend kind of like that, and that, my lovlies, was an absolute blast.  Which brings me to my first song. 


The start of my year was great - I was blissfully in love, I was trying to lose weight and had at that point lost 30 pounds so far.  I was in a long distance relationship with a musician who was traveling the country so as I enjoyed hearing about his adventures, I missed him very very much.  This song is called Two Of A Kind by The Kin.  It was written for me and I share it every chance I get. 


Please check this band out!  I've profiled them before on this blog and they really need to be heard!





Needless to say, the relationship didn't last. We are still great friends though so don't forget to check their band out...The Kin, don't forget. He was probably the most amazing man I will ever meet and I imerged from our relationship a new woman. How great is it to feel like you've gained everything at the end of a relationship instead of feeling loss, huh? It was a great experience.


The next song is called Where I Stood by Missy Higgins.  It's beautiful and the video is pretty fucking georgous too.





see much more after the jump...


The next song is on the list becuase it marks, for me, a time of self discovery.  I'm painfully shy.  Hardly anyone in my life knows that I like to sing.  Let me just say that when I say that I like to sing, I'm talking like, in the shower n' shit.  I always make those youtube cover videos on my webcam, watch them over and over again and then delete them.  I just have never had the balls to sing for any actual, real people.  Anyway, I briefly got over it one drunken night while enjoying some karaoke and my buddy who is a songwriter asked me to perform this song with him at a charity open mic type of gig.  I agreed and proceeded to hyperventilate for two weeks while I waited and practiced on my iphone recorder when nobody was home...only for him to have to cancel.  None the less, I overcame my fear a tiny bit and can only go up from here. 


BTW...when I do grow the balls, the first video will be posted here first.  Cuz you ma fwends...and I love ya.


Brandi Carlile - Hiding My Heart Away







I love Paramore.  I also love Twilight.  I super duper love Robert Pattinson....mmmm....*drool*.  Whoa...where did I just go?  Anyways...with New Moon coming out this past November, I spent a good part of the year slowly re-reading the book to prepare for the movie.  I am such a GEEK!  This is embarrassing.  Here's When I Caught Myself by Paramore.  They did several songs for the Twilight franchise becuase apparantly Hailey is a big fan, which only makes me love her more.





Once was a big indie movie this year and the scene where they recorded this song is my favorite.  I tell you...magic lives in music.


When Your Minds Made Up performed by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova for the movie Once.





This is also the year that I feel in love with Lady Gaga and re-discovered my love for Metric.








And here are some of the rest of the songs that blew my mind this year:

















Aren't they fucking adorable?!?


Ok, so I think I am done now. Have a song that you love I may have never heard of? Tell me about it...I am always on the hunt for rad tunes. I love you. Bye.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails