About Me

My photo
Washington, DC, United States
I'm Shandi. I hope you like it here. I don't say much with words...but instead I speak to you with music, images, and by showing you everything i love in art and fashion. if you follow me, i will follow back and we can feed off of eachother. i love comments and feedback. thank you for coming. please stay.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

I think I'm losing where you end and I begin...




Invariably seeking to blur the lines between the garment and accessory, Bliss Lau represents the juxtaposition of culture, design and aesthetic; half Chinese and half American, Bliss was raised in Honolulu, Hawaii and educated in New York City. Bliss launched her handbag collection immediately after completing a degree in apparel design from Parsons School of Design and finally four years later transitioned the collection into the markedly distinct body-jewelry of today.



By virtue of her approach to design and accessories without boundaries, jewelry has become a new medium to Bliss a method reshape and enhance the most beautiful and forgotten parts of the body. All of the jewelry is created and designed three-dimensionally using traditional garment draping techniques. Each season, Bliss focuses on a new part of the body to enhance and decorate, inspiration is found in history, the study of Hawaiian culture or corsets and armor as well as the architecture of New York such as the Brooklyn Bridge and Chrysler building.













My favorite thing about Blisslau is that the body jewelry is completely customizable...I'm serious, you can choose the chain style, the chain finish, and the color of leather!  I'm so in love.

I think you could wear these with anything.  What would you wear them with?





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails