About Me

My photo
Washington, DC, United States
I'm Shandi. I hope you like it here. I don't say much with words...but instead I speak to you with music, images, and by showing you everything i love in art and fashion. if you follow me, i will follow back and we can feed off of eachother. i love comments and feedback. thank you for coming. please stay.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Runway Wednesday: Narcisso Rodriguez is the future...kinda.


It may be a bit late for this, but I am in love with Narciso Rodrigueze's S/S 2010 collection.  Narciso says that he was inspired by the movie, "District 9".  I have never seen that movie but I want to now!  My favorite pieces walked out towards the end of the show, they were long and they floated behind the models so perfectly.  I really love that these clothes look so futuristic and new, yet they could be worn by any woman, of any age or size, right now and still catch the eyes of everyone they pass.  If I was rich, I would buy the entire collection and throw away everything else I own...I am that enamored!  And the prints, oh my!

"...I definately think there's a new spirit to this collection.  It's much more relaxed, it's about the body undernneath these floating volumes...a little bit alien and a little bit angelic.  I wanted something that was very sleek, but something that was very romantic as well."
                                                                                                -Narcisso Rodriguez
                                                                                  Style.com





(elleuk)






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails