About Me

My photo
Washington, DC, United States
I'm Shandi. I hope you like it here. I don't say much with words...but instead I speak to you with music, images, and by showing you everything i love in art and fashion. if you follow me, i will follow back and we can feed off of eachother. i love comments and feedback. thank you for coming. please stay.

Thursday, February 04, 2010

"I’ll always be Peter Pan in my heart."


I watched Michael Jackson's "This Is It" last night and it was just beautiful.  If you haven't seen it yet, you really need to.  I'm a huge Michael Jackson fan, but even if you're not...I think you would still appreciate it. 

I was most impressed by one of the special features where Michael Jackson's costume designer Zaldy showed the ensembles that the King of Pop would have worn had he had the chance to perform in the This Is It world tour.  They are fucking amazing!  Spectacular!  FABOOSH!

It was really difficult to find any good photos...but I did find this video.  Take a look.


My favorite has to be the opening piece with those massive shoulder pads or the outfit that he would have worn to perform Billie Jean that lit up by remote control. Here is a short clip about the LED technology and what it would have looked like.


I also really liked the beaded grey suit that he would have worn during the Jackson 5 segment.  I couldn't find a picture but they show it in the first video I showed you.


Above on the left is the jacket Michael would have worn for 'We Are The World' and the one on the left was for...I don't remember...hihi...you'll have to watch...I think 'Beat It'?  The costume below, on the right was dripping in Swarovsky crystals...about 4 million of them.  Holy fuck, that's alot of bling.


I can be pretty obsessive, but I have never actually felt like I loved an artist the way I do MJ.  I reallly loved him.  I can remember dancing and singing along to his music all throughout my childhood.  I wrote him tons of letters because I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness and I knew that he was too...I really felt like I could relate to him.  I used his music to help me deal with all of the trials and tribulations that I endured as a child.  I was never a bandwagon fan...I truely loved him and admired him.

Say what you will but he was an icon who really gave a shit about people and the planet and I will miss him very much.  Anyways...let me jump off this soap box and get on.

Au revoir, je t'aime!





Do you have a favorite song, video or performance by MJ?

2 comments:

Oh my Dior! said...

He not only got great talent he also had great clothes!!

http://www.ohmydior.org/

Diana Boch said...

i live for MJ's fashion < wwhooaa the king of pop and fashion trademark, but seriously right now i'm all into the shoulder pad fad :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails