About Me

My photo
Washington, DC, United States
I'm Shandi. I hope you like it here. I don't say much with words...but instead I speak to you with music, images, and by showing you everything i love in art and fashion. if you follow me, i will follow back and we can feed off of eachother. i love comments and feedback. thank you for coming. please stay.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Girl's Weekend Out


So a new friend of mine showed up at my house on Saturday morning for a shoulder to cry on and we ended up in Ocean City, MD.  It was a great trip with so many adventures that I will remember for years to come.  It truly was therapy for my partner in crime who is going through some shit I couldn't imagine having to deal with and I hope she finds her way out safely...and happy...she deserves it. 

We stayed at this wonderful place called Harrison's, where mama and papa Harrison kept close eye.  We had a skeleton room key that looked straight out of the 1700's and good thing the door locked because the creepy Russian pimp next door definitely had big plans for us had we let our guard down.

We spoke in accents, played wing man for hours, and watched the sunrise over the Atlantic which was a first for us California girls.  We also got the privilege of catching this awesome reggae band at Seacrets called The Movement.  I had wet dreams about them all night last night.  TMI, I know.  Check them out.


I'm thinking of going back the weekend after next and taking my little one with me.

Now I'm severely sunburned but utterly happy and relaxed.  I'm not even bothered by the sand embedded in my hair and all over my sheets, just tiny reminders of paradise.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails