About Me

My photo
Washington, DC, United States
I'm Shandi. I hope you like it here. I don't say much with words...but instead I speak to you with music, images, and by showing you everything i love in art and fashion. if you follow me, i will follow back and we can feed off of eachother. i love comments and feedback. thank you for coming. please stay.

Thursday, January 14, 2010



The essence of my work lies primarily within the complete understanding of a fabric or material. From understanding a textile’s inherent characteristics, from their structure and the way they are knitted, woven or formed, to the yarns used in their construction, an intuitive sense is able to develop. It is this affinity with the cloth that informs possible capabilities and potential for manipulation, and subsequently my creations.
                                                                                                     -Rowan Mersh

Here is a hodge podge of photos from some of my favorite collections on Rowan Mersh's website.  His work is magically complex and stunning to stare at.  Yes, I have been staring all day and it took everything inside of me not to post every single sculpture I saw on his site.  And guess what?  He's in his 20's, I think he's 26!  Much talent for such a young lad!  Apparantly, he also makes jewelry.

OMG, it's so pretty!

Enjoy.







What do you think?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails